Board of Certification in Professional Ergonomics *
* BCPE is an independent, nonprofit organization which certifies individuals whose education, training, and experience are such that they can be considered to have a broad competence in the profession of ergonomics/human factors.
AEI Staff Members Certified By BCPE:
Chuck Anderson, Ph.D., CPE - President
Joseph L. Selan, Ph.D., CPE - Senior Vice President
Terry L. Morris, Ph.D., CPE - Vice President
Prerequisites of CPE:
- A masters degree in ergonomics (human factors) or equivalent educational background.
- Four years of full-time professional practice in ergonomics with emphasis on ergonomic design.
- Submission of a work product demonstrating the application of ergonomics to a product, process or environment.
- A passing score on the written examination
Examination Composition Subject Areas:
- Methods and Techniques
- Design of the Human-Machine Interface
- Humans as System Components (Limitations/Capabilities)
- System Design and Organization
- Professional Practice
BCPE Address and Phone Numbers:
Board of Certification in Professional Ergonomics
P.O. Box 2811
Bellingham, WA 98227-2811
Telephone: (360) 671-7601
Fax: (360) 671-7681